stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice Road Runner but the fuel lines running under the tank are not good on a street car. Imagine getting hit from behind by a car with a low hood hard on the brakes.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Nice Road Runner but the fuel lines running under the tank are not good on a street car. Imagine getting hit from behind by a car with a low hood hard on the brakes.
I thought thats how most carbed vehicles were? That way it wouldnt run the pump dry until the tanks dry?

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think you will find a car manufactured with fuel lines coming out the bottom of the tank since they did away with gravity feed tanks in the cowl back in the 30's. Factory carbed fuel systems had the pickup tube on top or in front of the tank with tube going to the bottom. When you hit the brakes hard your front end drops and the rear rises, that's why cars go under the bumper instead of lining up. That is why most fuel tanks in modern cars are ahead of the rear axle now.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I don't think you will find a car manufactured with fuel lines coming out the bottom of the tank since they did away with gravity feed tanks in the cowl back in the 30's. Factory carbed fuel systems had the pickup tube on top or in front of the tank with tube going to the bottom. When you hit the brakes hard your front end drops and the rear rises, that's why cars go under the bumper instead of lining up. That is why most fuel tanks in modern cars are ahead of the rear axle now.
Hmm. My familys never really had any classic cars and i was born in 94 lol. The only vehicle ive ever owned that was carbed was my 79 k20 and i never really got under it much lol.