Strange beads in 5.7L Vortec intake box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yes that's the air filter housing for a vortec. Clean it out good you should be all right. Never seen those exact types of nuts which is odd cause I work in Walmarts LOL

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Beans? Bean burner? ...better than a rice burner, no?

This reminds me of when I changed the air filter on my truck. The darn box was FULL of straw. Never figured out if a rat made a nest or PO never changed it. Truck lived out on a farm... probably hauling hay.

Wilecoyote

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found a mouse nest in my wifes 2010 Escape air box a few years ago when I changed the filter. I thought it was odd that there was yellow fiberglass insulation in there along w grass and trash. There was no yellow insulation in our house.She works in a metal warehouse and I asked her to see if the walls had yellow insl. It was there and apparently the mouse was getting in the airbox while she worked.A month or so later I looked and the damn mouse was making another nest so I got some rabbit wire and sealed up the opening on the box, no more mouse house in the ford now.