Stock cd player for 96 gmc sierra, anyone know where to find one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DSmith

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Called all local junk yards nobody has one, havent seen any for sale on any message boards. Looked on ebay with no luck. Anyone know of a place to buy one? Truck has a alpine cd player in it that i hate with a passion.

hiredgun8

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try a local stereo shop? They keep the factory radios out of a lot of installs.
Might be worth a shot.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Ebay, or somebody parting out on craigslist would be my best guesses

Sent from my static android

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
Called all local junk yards nobody has one, havent seen any for sale on any message boards. Looked on ebay with no luck. Anyone know of a place to buy one? Truck has a alpine cd player in it that i hate with a passion.

i have a slave cd player and a am/fm/cd. the slave cd play has no harness but they both work quite well

DSmith

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok i found a couple on ebay that says 95-01, was the 01's the same as a 96?

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
i would think so...if unsure email the seller but looking at the pics you should be able to tell by the tracks as long the track is the same it will work.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Not at home right now, but I might have one in my shop. I might, maybe. I'll take a look for it tomorrow. If I do have one, cover the shipping & it's your's.
It'll be out of a '97/'98

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have one, but I forgot the loc code and the dealer said I have to install back in my truck to unlock it. Was gonna sell to partner for $20 but could not get it unlocked. It was only in my 2000 Tahoe Limited for a month before I changed head unit.

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think so, but I remember changing mine once. There was a universal code that's I changed mine. I saw somewhere where you can unloc them just can't remember where, maybe some one will chime in with some help, if so you can get mine , I just don't want to unload my dash to plug it in and take to the dealer.

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk