stock 1992 5.7tbi 8" glasspack and/or recomendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Logant12

Reaction score
well I have a 1992 all stock k1500 5.7 125k it had a makeshift dual exhaust system with cats removed and a magnaflow but some pipe rusted long story short i have a ty leaking pipe so im getting all new pipe pipe in keep in mind its all stock minus the cats removed. my brother had a 1996 350 vortec had 2.25" inch piping no cats and 9" glasspacks with a mild cam....now i have a tbi i'm thinking 2.5" pipes i bassically want it as loud as hell (keep in mind im 16) so 2.5" pipes with these 8" Gaspacks i found without cats http://www.amazon.com/Cherry-Bomb-8...8-5185601?ie=UTF8&refRID=1607AP8HY1KN6FXPM02W

Im trying to not blow anything up and such so please give feedback with more systems that are loud as can be

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Loud and aggressive... race bullets! They are close to glasspacks and have an awesome sound. They run a few bucks more but it's worth it IMO. Payday I should have dual 2.5" race bullets ;)

dylan94sierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 94 k1500 and the person who had it before me ran a single exhaust and it stops right before the rear axle (giving a lot of heat to the rear end) so I was wondering any options on what to do? Are there any o2 sensors on a 94? I was thinking about straight piping it maybe. I also saw some people dump there exhaust, what exactly is that... I also don't want to go through some water or something and have it going up my exhaust.. Im looking for good sound
Sorry for all the questions

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
1.) water is not going to run u the exhaust.
2.) a 94 does have o2 sensors, but none that would be affected by going to straight pipes.
3.) dumped exhaust is a turndown (usually just after the rear axle)

dylan94sierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
1.) water is not going to run u the exhaust.
2.) a 94 does have o2 sensors, but none that would be affected by going to straight pipes.
3.) dumped exhaust is a turndown (usually just after the rear axle)

Any recommendations on which way to go? Iv never really heard a truck with dumped exhaust I want to have a good loud sound from it.. How do open headers sound