Steering problems to the left

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smithy316

Reaction score
I can barely turn to the left. My turn radius is like a semi, which is problematic in parking lots. For some reason, I can only go about 1 turn left but 3ish right. I'm not rubbing. Also my steering wheel is cocked 90 deg right when I am going straight. Will an alignment fix this? I have a 94 2500 w/ 6in tough country lift. My tires are 31s now, my 33s did the same. How do I fix this?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Was the pitman arm or the steering box changed recently? It sound like the pitman arm is installed in the wrong clock position. Count the turns of the steering wheel from left lock to right lock. Divide that by 2 and then turn it to the left so that the steering is centered. Look at your front wheels. Are they straight? If not then try pulling the pitman arm and turning it 90* and re installing it to see if the steering wheel is closer to straight as well as there is an even amount of turn lock to lock.

If it's still off, you may need to go another 90*. Once it's close, an alignment will get it better. The pitman are can fit in 4 positions, so if it's off, it will give you both of your concerns.