Squeeky Bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello,

What do you guys use to help bushings from not squeeking? I just did all the front suspension stuff and something on my driver's side is squeeking, I am assuming it is one bushing.

I am not going to take things apart again, so I wanted to see what everyone has luck with.....what kind of spray, etc? Bushing are urethane.

Thanks,

Jeff

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I doubt it, spray usually can't make it in. Sounds like you are going to have to take it apart to lube them up.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
F**k...I hope not. I may just live with it then. Would any kind of penetrating oil help out?

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try a little oil on them where the bushing comes in contact with the frame you might luck out

Reaction score
Ive used 3 in 1 and it seemed to help a little, when it got cold the squeak would go away but in summer months it would come back. I replaced all my upper and lower control arm bushings w/ poly's when I did BJs and Tie-rods. Was a huge PITA, but no squeak. Mine needed replacing though, my uppers were tore up.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Poly bushings in general will get squeaks as a rule of thumb. Everyone I know thats switched to poly on a truck or car has had squeaking issues. Just like stated it can come & go with weather conditions. I actually prefer fresh rubber OE style bushings for replacements.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
When installing urethane bushings, use lots of the supplied lube. LOTS! Think ya got too much on 'em? Add more!

I've found a product called 'Fluid Film'. Comes in an gold/yellow aerosol can. I spray my urethane bushings 2X a year with it. Never hear 'em.
Use synthetic grease for lube jobs, when you have urethane bushings.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When installing urethane bushings, use lots of the supplied lube. LOTS! Think ya got too much on 'em? Add more!

I've found a product called 'Fluid Film'. Comes in an gold/yellow aerosol can. I spray my urethane bushings 2X a year with it. Never hear 'em.
Use synthetic grease for lube jobs, when you have urethane bushings.

Where can you buy Fluid Film?

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found one online, I will order a can and spray away when it comes!!! Hopefully it quiets them down.

I will let you know how it works.