squeaky3's build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
next? idk you have a lot done allready lol. i think it look good the way it is but i know the wanting to mod feeling lol i wish i could but i need to fix some things before inspection and get a muffler and it welded on by my buddy

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Squeaky have you replaced your shocks since the crank and AAL??? Alot of people overlook this looking for a quick cheap lift but you can find 2" lift shocks on ebay $40/a piece all day and they would really help the ride alot too. Just a thought. You've already done most of the exterior mods, like me at this point we have to find things to do :D

Casillas34

Reaction score
Hey squeaky3 i was curious to see how you like those led taillights? I was considering putting them im my mine but I have heard the electronic boards in them go bad? Your Trucks lookin good though!

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2" cowl hood is always a good MOD on these trucks.

i do want one...but they arent the cheapest thing..and need to get it painted to match truck....im thinking when i get the other body work done-rust and fix all the big dents i might get one

Smoothie front bumper

i was thinking either a custom built offroad style bumper or a painted black diesel bumper with maybe some hid lights in them

Squeaky have you replaced your shocks since the crank and AAL??? Alot of people overlook this looking for a quick cheap lift but you can find 2" lift shocks on ebay $40/a piece all day and they would really help the ride alot too. Just a thought. You've already done most of the exterior mods, like me at this point we have to find things to do :D

no i havent, im pretty sure they are still the stock ones too with 155k on them and 20k of that being cranked

i might get them off ebay or somewhere else here this week or next before my 6hr trip in it

Hey squeaky3 i was curious to see how you like those led taillights? I was considering putting them im my mine but I have heard the electronic boards in them go bad? Your Trucks lookin good though!

i love them...but becareful if you ever hook up to a badly wired trailer...when i built my trailer i had a short somewhere...and it kinda ish fried my right light..still works but the lil flasher under the dash sounds a lil iffy when right signal is on..but it still works though so i am gonna keep running it

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do you guys recomment the es3000 or es9000 stocks from pro comp

im thinking the 9000, from what i saw in pro comps website those seem to be the better of the 2

the 3000 are $42 a piece on ebay and the 9000 are like $45 a piece....looks like im gonna order shocks this week

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Aha! You're ordering shocks! Haha got you thinking about it and here we go. Of those 2, I'd def have to recommend the 9000s. Def don't want to cheap out on shocks or it'll be no better than it is now. Try to find a monotube if you can (most are twin tube) The mx6's I just ordered are the only monotube I could find but dude go to 4wheelparts first!! Click on shocks, and then "shocking deals" and they have great prices on 4 shocks...Mx6's are usually $100 a piece but you can get 4 for right under $350 and they have the 6 way adjustments, monotube, pure awesomeness..They also have killer deals on the bilsteins and a bunch of others!

Above all for your application, I'd have to recommend bilstein 5100's to be honest. Best bang for the buck by far.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks man

ill get on their site right now and take a look

anyother sites i should look on for deals on shocks?

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
have any idea of how much offset those 15x10 black wheels you have are? trying to get an idea on how far my tires will be sticking out, depending on which wheels i'll buy.
thanks