Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
dark front yard
You must be registered for see images attach

not so dark front yard

maybe there is something to this LED spot stuff?

EDIT TO CORRECT: this is labeled as a FLOOD, i had a brain short

Last edited:

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
That's pretty weak sauce compared to Rigid Dually's, however a lot cheaper, mind you the quality you aren't paying for could buy another set in 6 months.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
dark tree.....

man....it lit the fu@ker up

breeze blowing drizzle

Last edited:

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
dark front yard

not so dark front yard

maybe there is something to this LED spot stuff?

That is not a spot... more like a 'wall'. Up close it looks not bad, might be useful for a backup in the bumper or alongside the trailer hitch, but it will have zero range.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
That's pretty weak sauce compared to Rigid Dually's, however a lot cheaper, mind you the quality you aren't paying for could buy another set in 6 months.

oh...sure, but for the money it was worth a shot...i couldn't resist....i'm thinking on surface mounting 4 into the sides of the truck. even these low quality ones make light........one in the front bumper or fender, one in the bedside.......two in the tailgate.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
I use Grote 2"x2" LED's for back ups, tied into the OE reverse switch, and a separate switch. $39 Canuck on sale, has real optics ( fresnel lenses, 3 chips ) and very compact depth.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
after seeing what i saw i'm going with my original plan for rear lighting.....two driving pattern lamps in fog housings next to the hitch. that will be for backing up on dark roads.....and a single red fog light under the bumper on the left side, euro-style.

these "cube things" make for good floods...and like you said can be swapped with quality pieces down the road....the cut-out hole is the same.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I use Grote 2"x2" LED's for back ups, tied into the OE reverse switch, and a separate switch. $39 Canuck on sale, has real optics ( fresnel lenses, 3 chips ) and very compact depth.

got a link?
i used to use Hella 150 out back for reversing chores.....i'm still open for change. yes, the reverse lights trigger a relay.....and switched