Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Quick summary of your final lighting choices?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

uh....LOL...me and "quick" shouldn't be used in the same sentence.

i'm not done yet, but as of this moment i'll vouch for every piece i put on the truck so far.

i made my choices based on research before starting this thread....it seems that other knowledgeable folks agree on the bulbs, both here and on other forums. the harness i was able to get gmachinz is top notch, i'm going to commission him to build another and recommend it 100%.

i haven't finalized my auxiliary lighting yet, but i'm in the process....that's gonna take some time. as is my switches....some of that's YOUR fault, LOL.

my initial thoughts from the porch on the LMC bumper and fog lamp combo is very positive...that should be functional next week. i just ordered the Philips VisionPlus H3 bulbs for the fogs, they'll match my low beams. i'm going to temporarily use the KC harness to run those.

air dam fogs are on hold till i get a complete set.
KC Hilites 6" Daylighter spread beam driving lights aren't here yet
Cibie Oscar Plus fog pattern lights aren't here yet.....one of those sets will end up in the grill guard for aux lighting.....unsure how i'll trigger them yet.....i may even use the Cibie e-code headlights as an auxiliary system with higher wattage bulbs, maybe.

i haven't even started to address the rear lighting and rear red single fog light.....i have some LED spots that will be flush mounted into the sides of the truck too......that's going to be touched on soon.

Unity light is going in tomorrow if it doesn't snow....i'll always own one of those.

that's about as small a nut shell i can put it in so far.......

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
lights down the alley look impressive.
photobutchet does that every now and then. it'll be back up and pics revived.

i'm pretty impressed...it wasn't even full dark out. thanks

i wish i had a brain and took this same picture BEFORE we started this whole thing....but trust me, it wasn't even close....dim and off "yellowish" with what i had.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
ok....so went in the garage and did some tinkering.

when i was shopping for my bulbs and such, i kept seeing these LED cube things and whatnot......i saw 2 different sets on a fire sale and bought them to appease an idea i was having. one set was $10 and the other $20, free ship as a Prime member.

how horrible could they be.....i said?

the $20 set.....yup, two of em. 18W flood beam... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J5AAX5S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You must be registered for see images attach

and the $10 set.....thought maybe they could tuck up under the rear bumper out of harms way....or something

comes with little brackets and cheap ass "stainless" bolts....

OLS Slim Compact 18W LED Off Road Jeep ATV UTV Work Fog Driving Light Lamp – Flood (2 Units)

Sold by: OnlineLEDStore
Return window closed on Feb 3, 2017
$10.00
\n \n \n Cancel\n \n \n
\n","header":"Buy it Again"}" style="box-sizing: border-box;">Buy it Again

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
the Interstate was on a tender and showed 12.5V

garbage pail work bench