Sponsorships?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
i really dont understand this, why would a company sponsor a 16yo kids lifted truck with bolt ons, for no reason? what would THEY get out of it?

Me being 16, I drive my truck to my highschool that has over 4000 kids enrolled, and all around town. so advertisement would be out the @$$

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Me being 16, I drive my truck to my highschool that has over 4000 kids enrolled, and all around town. so advertisement would be out the @$$

Do you plan on being in regional shows every weekend? Like horns said, your selling yourself to them as a product. A good percentage of sponsored built cars, that have full tilt sponsors are SEMA worthy, so keep that in mind. Once a company sponsors you, you have expectations that you have to follow through with.

Basically you have become a representative for whatever business sponsors you. Everybody and there brother wants free stuff, so companies only pick the cream of the crop that's going to generate the most buzz over there product as possible.

Im not trying to shoot down your dreams buddy, just give you a realistic idea of what a sponsorship really is! Its not as simple as just getting free stuff :cheers:

jmc1997ck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You would have to drum up some serious original and one-off fab work to warrant a sponsorship. Even then, you may have to start at the bottom by letting a local plumbing franchise wrap your truck for advertising purposes, or whatever. Truck owners themselves won't get sponsors. Shops, competition drivers, teams, etc. might... Might.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Do you plan on being in regional shows every weekend? Like horns said, your selling yourself to them as a product. A good percentage of sponsored built cars, that have full tilt sponsors are SEMA worthy, so keep that in mind. Once a company sponsors you, you have expectations that you have to follow through with.

Basically you have become a representative for whatever business sponsors you. Everybody and there brother wants free stuff, so companies only pick the cream of the crop that's going to generate the most buzz over there product as possible.

Im not trying to shoot down your dreams buddy, just give you a realistic idea of what a sponsorship really is! Its not as simple as just getting free stuff :cheers:

well said

a high school with 4k kids eh not gonna be enough, funny thing is you want free stuff but for a full blown sponsor you better crack open your wallet and plan on spending any given weekend at show say within a 300 mile range of were you live.yea all that gas , hotels etc will be on you 4k is a half decent start but if they are gonna send you several hundred bucks in product they will want 10/20 +k seeing it . save your money and pay for your own stuff

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score

Yeah but really its not. Think about a nationwide company. Then think about the population of your school & town, and then divide it by the state of Texas. Then divide it by the national population.

No company will pay, and use human resources (in this economy) to reach 0.000000000003% of the population.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
If I were to do it, I'd aim more for the smaller independant shops that need local advertizing.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
thanks for the replies everyone. I just thought it would be cool to have a truck wrapped with like a Monster energy drink wrap or something. haha. but im not so serious about getting sponsored.. i just question it every now and then. its not my dream or anything

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Right now I have a small company that does fab work and specialized in trucks and buggies up here in AK that sponsors me. Honestly, Ive spent more money there than they have given me, and had to pay for the vinyl I put onto my back window. But it did help the company out when I go to pits and trails and when people ask about my truck at the gas station/where ever. But I made good friends and have a good group to hang out with with the same interests. And some people to help fix 'er when its broken.