Spider Injector Replacement Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikwallace

Reaction score
I just replaced my spider injector. Disassembly and installation of injector went fine. But when I attempted to put the upper manifold back on, it seem not to go down far enough. Still 1/2" gap.

Is there a trick to getting the upper manifold back on over the spider injector? I lubed the rubber seal around the spider injector, but still can't get the upper manifold to slip back down on the injector. I didn't replace the spider injector bracket. Is it possible the new spider injector is taller? Maybe the OEM bracket is too tall for the new spider injector?

Gave up for tonight and will get back on it after work tomorrow. First I'll compare the old spider to new spider height.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks

98vortec

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i jt used wd-40 on both my 98 chevy trucks when i did both spiders i did the upgraded mpfi on one i did use the new bracket and on the other i used the orignally no issues on either soo ya wd-40 it and wiggle it on make sure nothing is caught inbetween the intake

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used the new bracket on mine (MPFI) and had no issues. It did leave a gap between the upper and lower intakes--maybe 1/8"--but it snugged down when torquing the bolts.

Double check that you have the injector hoses routed properly. Some go over the others.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikwallace

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Looks like I just need to lube it real good and ease it on there. Will get on it tomorrow after work and post results.

mikwallace

Reaction score
Well finally!! After taking off and putting on four times, I got the upper manifold down over the spider. It was just an extremely tight fit. Silicone spray and just kept working on pushing down on upper manifold while pulling up on spider. All went back together after that. Seems to run better too.

When I first removed the upper manifold, there was raw gas pooled in the aft part of the lower manifold. And had been that way for a while because that part was somewhat clean while the forward part had lots of crud. I guess either the regulator one one of the injector tubes??

Another project complete!!