Spark Plug Wire Puller Tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Papablunt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This one almost feels ridiculous to recommend, but it's one of those things to just makes things so much easier and prevents damage.

I (apparently) installed my new spark plug wires using super glue. I've ripped my fair share of spark plug wires from the boots, but that's usually on old wires that are getting replaced anyway. When you're pulling with all your might, but still can't get the plug boot to move, that wire starts to look awfully tempting. If you can't get it off by hand, normal pliers usually end up ripping the boot.

Rather than messing up my new plug wires, I picked up a Lisle spark plug wire puller tool. Anyone else use something similar?
There are certainly cheaper alternatives, but the adjustable nature is what sold me on these:
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

texas tough

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
long nose needle nose pliers with 45 or 90 degree tips work great too. put a piece of rubber hose on the tips. also put a SMALL amount of dieelectric grease around the ceramic on the spark plug before installing plug boots.,, NOT on the contact point,, DISPITE POPULAR BELIEF DIE ELECTRIC DOES NOT CONDUCT ELECTRICITY.. ALSO buy a good set of plug wires, the 20.00 sets dont last in the waste spark ignition systems,, they can look like new, and arc to engine grounds..