Southern Pride's Official Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Griffin - how did you mount the plate and screen for the back up cam? Not much room up there to mess around with.

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can rattle can it and it will look like crap. You could rattle can it, clear coat and wet sand and it would look OK. By the time you get paint, clear, sand paper, tape and other materials you mine as well have it painted for the money.

yeah from working in a parts store, i see first hand on a daily basis that you usually end up spending more in the long run when you try to cheap it out then if you just spent the money to do it right the first time.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The grille shell I actually would have powder coated if I were you. It'd probably be a lot cheaper and hold it a whole hell of a lot better. Prof paint job probably wouldn't hold up any longer than rattle canning it. If you do want it PAINTED right way, then buy a new grille that's primed and ready to go.

Griffin - how did you mount the plate and screen for the back up cam? Not much room up there to mess around with.

Hey bud. I actually had a piece of metal diamond plate mounted up there with a switch in it for my fog lights, so I had the idea to put the screen up there since it was the perfect size, plus I couldn't stand to just stick it on the dash or some random place. Gotta look like it's supposed to be there you know. I actually had to take down the overhead console and place the screen in there from the back/top side of the console because trying to put it in the front, it won't hardly fit. All I did was cut the diamond plate out to where I wanted it wrap around the screen, screwed it back into the front and lined the back side of the plate with double sided adhesive and stuck the screen in there. Held it on there with a C clamp to get it stuck good for a while then ran my wire above headliner and down the a-pillar into the fuse box, so I didn't have to use the A/C outlet plug it came with. Just put a in-line fuse in and stuck it into the "radio" fuse space. This way it tuns on when I turn the truck on. Basically Autozone just had them for a steal and I said F it and it took some customizing but got it to where it looks and functions like it's supposed to be there.

Last edited:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha no the pictures I posted of it def had the diamond plate but I won't lie, there's not a lot of the diamond plate. I'll search for a good pic but in the meantime....

Alright guys here's what I did up here yesterday. My sister's boyfriends place. No wonder she's with him. No wonder I like him. F'ing jackass has it all. Best day of the trip by far.
You must be registered for see images attach

The houses on this part of the TN river were just ungodly rich. Freaking white house style.

This portion of the boat ride right here made my whole WEEK. We rode straight across the lake for about 30 minutes to a restaurant on the river but basically we had the perfect reggae music blaring as the sun went down I was in a trance. I HAVE TO GET A BOAT. I'm one of these guys that is meant to be out on the water every weekend.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I HAVE TO GET A BOAT. I'm one of these guys that is meant to be out on the water every weekend.

No matter where I live I have to be near water.
Used to live on a lake that was 99 miles long. Buddy & his girlfriend had an 18' wood flat bottom, 425 Buick, V-drive. Built in 1958, called 'Ski Antique'. They needed a 3rd for skiing. All I had to do was bring my ski, and take turns spotting, driving & skiing. Three times a week, 7 months of the year, we would get up @ 5:30 a.m, have the boat in the water by 6, ski till 7:30, & we'd be at work by 8! She owned the local gym, so it was easy to spot for her. Pretty hard not to go to work without a big smile! Did that for almost 10 years!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's badass bro. I've actually only ski'd once in my life and apparently I amazed these people because I got up my first time ever. I liked ski'ing but I think wakeboarding I would really like.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Never been on a wakeboard. Slalom or trick skis only.
Sadly, my water skiing days are over.
Used to ride my Mtb 100-150 miles a week. 5 miles to work, one way. 12 months of the year. Looked like the Michelin Man in the winter.
Got hit by a drunk driver, Feb.'97, & dragged for 144'. Almost half the length of a football field. A hockey rink is 200'. The driver got 240 days in the klink, on weekends, 'cause he was a 'family man'. He did his time, years ago. I remember (& feel) it every F'n day.