Southern 98 k1500 brought back to Canada (BUILD THREAD,PIC HEAVY)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got a lift in, no rust made this super easy. The torsion bars actually came out like they were new! Still need to order some Realift torsion bar relocators to clean up the look.

Put some 33x13.5x15 Toyo M/Ts on with 15x10 ProComp 1069s, I'm absolutely in love with how it looks. Still have some odds and ends I want to do but the bulk of this build is done with.

Time to work on saving some dough for a real paintjob in about 10 years lol

Enjoy, I'll keep photos coming
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you still plan on installing the factory trim or going a different route?

Looks great with the lift!! RC or BDS?

I do, I'm just trying to decide if I'll wait to get the truck painted first or not before I put it on. I'm going to play around with some masking tape and see how straight I can get it..probably just have a body shop put it on because then I wont notice that one side is 1mm lower than the other lol

And thanks it's just and RC lift, the truck stays on the pavement so I didn't need to spend an extra $1500 on a logo. Not to say they cant handle a beating though!

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Spring is here in Ontario, truck is finally out. On the menu for this season is some Realift torsion bar relocators, the steering stabilizer I should have installed with the lfit, a new windshield and new tint. I got the relocators in already and alignment done, just waiting on a nice day to get the tires on! Ill get some comparison photos up soon

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another year, another list of stuff. Now with a four month old stuff is going to be getting done much slower for a little while. Couple small things I ordered an RZlights replacement 3rd brake light housing........add that to the list of most expensive plastic I've purchased...BUT, you can't get them anywhere else so yeah I did it.

Another note I was never happy with how I mounted my speakers in the doors. No speaker adapters you can purchase fit properly for a 165mm speaker. So I talked to a guy in town that owns a machine shop CNCs, laser cutters and such. Took some quick measurements and he whipped up some brackets out of 1/4 mdf.

Attachments

• 20230327_132027.jpg
    20230327_132027.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230327_132122.jpg
    20230327_132122.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230327_132159.jpg
    20230327_132159.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 4

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Beautiful truck! That’s the exact color combo of my first GMT400 bought new in ‘94. Mine was a Chevy, though. I love the Indigo/Autumnwood two tone. Don’t change that when you do a repaint. The only other bucket list I’d do would be to change the buckets and rear to leather at some point. Otherwise, your truck is perfect!