Southern 98 k1500 brought back to Canada (BUILD THREAD,PIC HEAVY)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally did it, I finally got a totally rust free totally clean 98 obs from Arizona. This has been a long time dream for me to do. Being in Canada and southern Ontario (north of the gta for any other Ontarians) the salt is horrible here and getting worse with the liquid deicer they are laying down now. I've been searching for a long time even when I had my 97 chev k1500 and that was still a clean Canadian truck, but it just wasn't good enough for me. Guys up here are still asking $5500-$6500 or more for a half decent OBS. Even though the exchange is still in the gutter I lucked out with this 98 GMC. All said and done I was $6200 Canadian to have the truck in my possession. In my eyes that's pretty cheap knowing I'm going to have this truck an extremely long time or be buried with it when I die. For anyone that is in the southern Ontario area and interested in getting a southern truck please DM me and ill give you the details and info of the guy that did it for me.

Some basic details about the truck 1998 GMC k1500 z71 5.7L 3.73 gears and totally stock except for a bonus Volant cold air intake that I was not expecting. Blue was also icing on the cake for me I absolutely love this colour combo. This truck is clean, straight and runs great. This truck actually made the trip from Arizona to Ontario with zero issues along the way.

This build will not be radical but eventually ill be putting a proper 4inch lift in this one.

Just a few samples. Enjoy guys, Ill keep the photos and updates coming.

FYI Im suffering from a broken hand so its going to be a few weeks before ill get to tackle much.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, that's Real nice. That interior looks super clean. Needs some new head lights and wheels. Would look extra sharp

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it looks like a great truck to start with. congratulations on the good buy.

Thanks! I'm super excited to start cracking on it.

Wow, that's Real nice. That interior looks super clean. Needs some new head lights and wheels. Would look extra sharp

My thoughts as well, I've got some new OEM corner markers already. I just can't decide to go OEM headlights and park lights or clear smoked.......but nothing beats clean OEM. Still looking around for some new style 20s, but I may just pull the sun baked clear coat off the stocks to give them some life again.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Current update: Due to Arizona's heat and sun most vehicles there have the roof, hood, tops of fenders and the doors baked to a crisp with no clear coating left, so the truck is in paint right now. Basically its getting painted down to the body line just below the windows. Since its a darker blue blending the paint isn't really an issue.

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
very nice looking truck, congratulations on the buy. Like the smoothie bumper. What's the story with only the bed being debadged? Repaint?

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
very nice looking truck, congratulations on the buy. Like the smoothie bumper. What's the story with only the bed being debadged? Repaint?

Thank you! I'm partial to the bumper, I like them more on 2wds. I'd like to get one with moldings and replace the body moldings eventually. As far as the bed being stripped I'm unsure, it appears to be original paint and the two small moldings on the front fenders are both gone as well. I feel like someone removed them to maybe look like a newer style truck. Trucks 99-14 only have moldings on the cab? Maybe I'm in left field, but none the less the title is clean which was my main concern.

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cold deal, I could see the newer trim look being a possibility. If it were mine thats exactly what I would do, but get the real chrome gmc door and cab piece from a 99-06 and throw it on their. Would tie in with the smoothie better which I would not get rid of at all. But your truck, I look forward to the progress.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Looks like a great starting point! Should looks awesome with the lift on.

I'm curious, I see both front fenders have the molding missing and it's got the smoothie bumper which I don't recall coming on the '98's. Was it ever in an accident and they didn't replace all of the moldings and stock bumper?

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Good deal man! Looks like someone just put a smoothie on it, it looks way to straight to have been wrecked. Usually fender and grill gaps are all slightly off afterwards. I like the bed only demolded, that abd the smoothie make it just a tad different, but in a good way.