Sound Deadening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
First off, I guess I am cheap, but mostly, I don't like paying for something that is overpriced due to being in a particular market.

Dynamat is expensive. What would be the difference if I bought a bag of wall insulation and stuffed it in between the trim panels and the body? I think it would actually work better. It wouldn't be as dense, and would stop more noise.

I know it has kind of been talked about. But I am not talking about spray foam, but just pink, or the cotton based stuff.

What do you guys think?

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
A bag of the pink stuff is much cheaper. As for breathing it in, well, thats a good point. I would prob use the cotton based stuff. I guess its true that your house isn't going over bumps and what not to disturb the stuff. I still say it is a good method. I guess I will just do it and let you guys know how it goes.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I was just giving you a cheaper option than the dynamat for the stick on stuff.

If you think you can do it go for it man, im sure its possible, it could only help.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
That stuff will hold moisture. Trucks are sometimes exposed to damp conditions. Don't think you want that. Go to Home Depot and get some self adhesive stuff called Quickroof.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Another excellent point. Good call to the both of ya. I will check out that other stuff. Now its just getting those body panels off in one piece...

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
what i have also seen done is, get a thing of roofing tar, and find some thick aluminum foil... spread the roofing tar where you want it, and lay the foil on top of it, and use a roller to press it down...

mind you that this is a very VERY messy method, but it does work, but dont expect to be able to take it off any time soon, roofing tar is one nasty substance to clean up

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
I guess I was just curious. Those body panels are such a pain to take off and put back on. I am changing out the rear speakers so I will have to put something in. I have a 10inch sub under the seat in the back that is rattling something in the side.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went with a company/product called brownbread. Look em up, same as dynamatt just cheaper.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Cool, I checked it out and it is much cheaper. Good call. Thanks Mike.
Very artistic pics by the way...(sig pics)