Solved mileage and miss issue with one shot...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98dieselburb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, today I found out why the Tahoe has run like a wet and why it has been a monumental gas HOG...I had purchased a modded TBI unit when I first got the truck, and installed it. the pigging began...Then i picked up a edelbrock manifold cheap and put that all together, and the tbi unit never felt right on there. Seemed to bind up.. Tbi unit was for a 454...Problem solved...Replaced it today with a 350 one...not yet modded...

Runs like brand new...stumble and miss now gone, and got her old power back!

You must be registered for see images attach

Shawn

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 454 one is worth some money, that 350 one needs a good cleaning

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
did you switch injectors?
thought you needed to put injectors of 350 tb on the 454 tb to get it to run right, and I know to do mine I needed to get a different plug for something, iac or something since 95 is different
could have needed a rebuild or something also

axisT6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was all this on a stock motor? Did you get a tune afterwards?

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
Was all this on a stock motor? Did you get a tune afterwards?

WAIT just a minute!

The one on the *left* is a 350?!? Do *ALL* 350 TBI's have that tapered bore? Because mine doesn't. Now you've got me wondering if I have a 454 TB on mine. How can you identify the difference on a 93?

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
WAIT just a minute!

The one on the *left* is a 350?!? Do *ALL* 350 TBI's have that tapered bore? Because mine doesn't. Now you've got me wondering if I have a 454 TB on mine. How can you identify the difference on a 93?

When I did the TBI mods I went to the junkyard and got the TBI off a 93 Silverado with a 350 and its tapered too just like my 95 is so id assume thats how all 350 TBI's are, here is a pic of the 93 after the mods

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2