Solid94's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
So many of you have asked many questions about my truck and I figured I should post a thread to show my truck over the years and the upgrades I have done and how it sits now. If you have any questions feel free to ask and as I continue to add changes to the truck i will post it here.

The only thing I don't have is a pic the day I bought it but this has to be about 3 months after:
You must be registered for see images attach

The first time to Hollister Hills OHV:

Time to ditch the chrome rims, new 17x9 steelies with 38.5x14.50 Procomp Xtream All terrains:

Here is the rest of the transformation from chrome to black:

New Bilstein 5150s and traded the 38.5s for 37s:

How it sits now:

Last edited:

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Thanks! You have a nice Tahoe and I'm on the look out for the build. I know some of the pictures suck but that's because some are from the iPhone 3 with the crappy camera. I should have my rock sliders installed next weekend

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So it had a SAS when you bought it? what is your total lift excluding tires?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Words cannot describe the badassness of this truck :drool: You know I love her Adam and especially the direction you've taken with her. What was the METAL MULLISHA thing about? Did you ride for them? The black transformation, toyo 37's and bilsteins really got it looking right. I never noticed how good your head/parking lights look...Look like glass nice and shiney :handshake: Good work man I wish we had more pics like from the side view with the tows on there!

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
No I really liked the Metal Mulisha last year and decided to slap the sticker downthe side to be different.

Also my springs are 8" plus the ORU kit of 3" puts me at a grand total of 11" and I bought it the way it sits height wise. I now wantto drop to 6" springs to make it a total of 9" of lift.

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck looks awesome buddy. I'm gonna have to agree with dropping her down to 9". Perfect for the 37s. Or stay that height and add more rubber:evillol: Glad to see the Hollister pics. Most people with a truck as clean as your's wouldn't even consider wheeling it. Props! Any action shots and what gears are you running btw?

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Yeah Iiknow what you mean. I wanted a truck that would serve as a daily driver as well as a offroad trail rig. I still have a few more plans to make it more offroad worthy. I was on 38s for a while, but I figured 37s are more common and fairly cheaper than 38s. So lowering it a tad will suit these a lot better. The gears that are in the truck are 4.88. I have posi in the rear and an open diff in the front. As far as action shots, all my old photos I've lost:nono:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Adam I have to vote on staying at 11" on 37's I think that looks awesome. Makes me want to add a 3" body to = 11" I love how you're towering them :drool: You're making me :hmm:

Also I can't remember if you were a fan of my wheels chrome or black but they went back chrome today