So yea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ordered stainless hoses, 3500 calipers, pads and rotors for the ninja burb. I went and picked up the rotors from advanced, opened up the box and saw this:

You must be registered for see images attach

I was like wtf is this? What did they give me? :think:

Then it dawned on me, ninja is 2 wheel drive. I have never owned a 2by before, I have never done the brakes on one either.

So uh, yea. How do I change these rotors?

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
You have bearings that go in those holes. When you remove the front wheel youll see a dust cap. take a rubber mallet and tap until the cap is off. Then there will be a nut won't be too tight but snug. remove nut then pull the bearing or gently pull the rotor out.once the front bearing is out push rotor back on. put the nut back on. then pull the rotor out a bit til it drops a little bit. then your gonna gently but firmly pull down and out on the rotor to remove rear seal and rear bearing. install in reverse directions but use a seal installer.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
You have bearings that go in those holes. When you remove the front wheel youll see a dust cap. take a rubber mallet and tap until the cap is off. Then there will be a nut won't be too tight but snug. remove nut then pull the bearing or gently pull the rotor out.once the front bearing is out push rotor back on. put the nut back on. then pull the rotor out a bit til it drops a little bit. then your gonna gently but firmly pull down and out on the rotor to remove rear seal and rear bearing. install in reverse directions but use a seal installer.

replace rear seal, you also have to repack the bearings with fresh grease, the bearing nut needs to be snug but not overtight or bearing damage will happen, i think its only like 12lbs

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
yeah you just work the bearing in snug. and i've reused seals before, actually have twice now with no issues.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
Like i said i've used mine 3 times now without anything getting in and/or leaking. i mean i will prolly replace next time, but if they are still in good shape im not gonna just waste the money away on a seal. if it does it job correctly then why replace it.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Can't hurt to replace them though. It's peace of mind.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn, I am going to have to go back to the store to get a rear seal. What exactly is it called so I don't get the wrong part from the keyboard warriors at advanced?

Also, where do I get a seal installer?

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
On those seals you can gently tap around the diameter of the seal with a hammer till its seated, and ask for a front wheel seal for your truck.