SMOKED TAILS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GWKP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tell us the order the order of the products yooh use & we can piece together everything else if ya dont mind...I have a friend that used some stuff spray tint from autozone & it cam out pretty good...i've only seen pics of it though...
ok this is the exact order of everything i did
1.pull/slash clean tail lights really good
2. use 800 grit paper and lightly dry sand(just for paint to stick better)
3.spray 1st coat of black(10 mins later next coat) all depends how dark u want urs
4.after ur final coat of black now spray 2-3 heavy coats of clear coat (they will be dull)
5.after a good hour of evrything drying,now its time to wet sand the tail lights with 1500 grit paper and warm soapy water (this gets rid of orange peel)
6.once u get done wet sandin and see that u have eliminated all the orange peel (high spots)
7. buff or use a hand towel and in circular motion apply a scratch remover ,i used "scratch out" do this several times until all scratches are gone
8. now polish them same procedure as above but with plastic polish i used maguiers plastix
9.whipe off all polish
10.now look into ur mirror-finish tail lights

bamf93

Reaction score
Thankx...im definitely looking foward to #10...I'm gonna take some pics of my truck after I wash it...its been raining for days out here...

GWKP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
glad i could help repeat 7-10 a couple of times for best results

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
definately more light output than i thought they look nice. any cops hassle you yet?

GWKP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah like i said almost same output as stock , and naw no cop problems so far