Skid plate question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean McDonough

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This may not be the right place for this but I didn't know where else it should go. I just had a question about mounting the front differential skid plate from a z71 truck onto a non z71 1991 k1500. I was given the skid plate by itself no bolts to speak of yet. Does anyone have pictures of how this mounts and where the bolt locations are ?

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This may not be the right place for this but I didn't know where else it should go. I just had a question about mounting the front differential skid plate from a z71 truck onto a non z71 1991 k1500. I was given the skid plate by itself no bolts to speak of yet. Does anyone have pictures of how this mounts and where the bolt locations are ?

If I recall..the front of the plate mounts not a bracket that comes off the lower diff mount. The rear bolts should go into the trans crossmember.

I might be mistaken..It’s been a while.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I recall..the front of the plate mounts not a bracket that comes off the lower diff mount. The rear bolts should go into the trans crossmember.

I might be mistaken..It’s been a while.

Pic of said bracket. Pm me if you need it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Z71 99 tahoe-that's where they're placed

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That the same for 94 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 ?

That's the same place for ALL of the 88-00 4x4 GMT 400 pickups and SUVs.

I recently installed a 6" lift on an 8-lug 2500. It came with dropdown brackets for the diff and an entire new front skid plate. The customer didn't want the OE skid plates and they ended up on my '00 Yukon Denali. I only had to tap the front holes in the x-member.
He wanted to keep the one under the t-case, so I'll be looking for one of those for myself, but the front one is better than none (as originally equipped).