Front dif?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cherryred98

Reaction score
Update: so i took it for a drive to Safeway last night and the transmission is most definitely slipping and when I put it in “3” or drive it won’t go anywhere from a stop no matter how much gas I give it. I have to manually shift it. So I will be getting the transmission and transfer case from that donor truck I’ve been talking about, so besides for the engine I will have a z71 drivetrain, I’ll probably make another thread on the transmission swap when I get to it.

And as for the front dif it’s been raining, and now I have bigger fish to fry.

Cherryred98

Reaction score
I pulled the transmission out of the 94 donor truck and slapped it in the 98, and it didn’t work. I’m waiting on the money to have the old transmission (the 98) rebuilt. On another note! Just before I pulled the trans I put 35’s on it and people were saying on my other thread that I need to change the gearing to keep from ruining transmission’s repeatedly, they recommended 4.56 and 4.88. A lot of people were saying the 4.56’s are perfect for the 35s, what brand is going to be my best bang for my buck and should I have a shop install the gears or should I do it?