silverado seat help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

broken812

Reaction score
I finally got a bench seat for my 1990 silverado to replace the buckets and center console. 60/40 split. No problem with the 40 side but the 60 side doesnt sit correctly. I realize the bolt hole wont line up but the bracket resting on the tranny hump isnt right. That side sits high and the seat is crooked. The seat is from a 1995 extended cab model. Am i missing a bracket or is extended seat different. I cut a slit in the carpet and padding but its still very high, 5 or 6 inches. Thanks.

LikeARock

Reaction score
I have done that exact same swap.. you are not missing anything the seats mounts are different. You have to drill holes and make you own mounts for the left side of the 60 seat. I cut a block of wood to fit between the seat mount and the floor for that left rear one. On the right side the correct holes are there, theres just an unused bolt filling the one in.

broken812

Reaction score
Seat swap

I was getting ready to sell them and try to find another seat. That is promising info! The left side sits high on the tranny hump. Adding wood or anything else would only raise the left side even more. Then i would have to make spacers for all legs of the seat, as well as the 40 side. Im sure im not following you correctly. I sure do miss that center console but i cant go back now. The drivers (40) fits perfect. The Passenger(60) right side fits as well. It seems to me that i would have to shorten the (60) left side leg. I really appreciate your help.

1500SS

^ Money pit
Reaction score
Hey man, I had a full bench in mine when I bought it and replaced it with a 60/40 before i got my buckets and I had the SAME problem. All I did was take the brackets off the old bench, and bolted them to the 60 seat like bucket seat brackets, if that makes sense. I cut the wire for the sliding tracks and rejoined it and it worked fine, and the seat sat perfect with the 40. Let me know if you don't understand and I'll try to clarify, I know I'm not the best at explaining these things and I don't have pics :/ Good luck!

broken812

Reaction score
Seat swap

Thanks for the help. I suppose im going to have to put it up for sale and try another seat. I dont want to mess around too much with the truck. The buckets i took out were mint.(turned 40k on the truck this summer). I wouldnt mind drilling new holes in the floor but i dont want to fabricate anything right now. Thanks. I sure do miss that center console.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 95 Silvy but did the opposite (60/40 to buckets) swap. The only difference on a 95 60/40 seat is
where the frame bolts to the tranny hump bolts
1 bolt hole on the drivers side floor pan
and the middle passenger seat belt floor bracket

Did you try lining up the holes with the seat all the way back (long leg position). If you don't have power wires in your truck to power up the seat use a battery back from a re-chargable drill and a few pieces of wire to make the coneection.