sig check

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
testing
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
meh...first animated gif. not horrible. unfortunately converting it from png to gif loses quite a bit of detail, especially around the perimeter of the image on a transparent background.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks Royce, I do like how it turned out, there are a few things that bother me about it though, probably alot of my OCD kicking in...

any gif people out there have suggestions how to maintain better quality when converting it to gif? I originally drew all the frames in photoshop CS4 as photoshop files, then compiled and timed them and compiled them all together into a 24 channel png and converted it to an animated gif in fireworks cs4...I wonder if I did the animation in Flash and exported it as a gif if the quality would turn out better, I could probably do some tweening to make the animation a little more fluid, but thats not the main thing thats bothering me, I took a bunch of time to make the tires spin and make the smoke all clean and transparent, but it just came out as white blobs and the images have odd white pixels around them that really stand out on this black background.

I should probably slow some of it down too, seems to go a little fast on the work computer I've viewing it on right now.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I really hope these don't catch on, or at least don't get to detailed. Sig's and custom avatars are what slowed FSC down. Yours is only 202kb, not bad.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the only thing i see wrong with it is its a lil slow

really? I thought it was too fast, maybe its just different computers or something. unless you're talking about when the truck is waiting to do a burnout and when the name is up, I made those segments of the animation longer on purpose, I don't like animated gifs that cycle so fast that you can't really get a good look at things.

Rhamill said:
I really hope these don't catch on, or at least don't get to detailed. Sig's and custom avatars are what slowed FSC down. Yours is only 202kb, not bad.

I've never had a problem with FSC being slow, but I don't spend much time over there anymore, and I've got a good internet connection and work and home. I don't think there is any problem with having a moderately sized picture in a signature, like the ones Butch does, some folks do like to overdo it though....I was trying to get it down below 150k but that didn't work on this file.

since Gif is only 256 color, its likely it can never really get overly detailed. if I don't ever get one that I like I probably won't use it as a sig or anything like that, I dislike HUGE signatures anyways, if I do end up using something, it'll be a bit smaller, I might bring it down to 90-100px tall rather than the 135px that I have it at now, I think the site size limit is like 700x220, which is a bit larger than the posted one is.

I might do something in greyscale, that would be A) smaller file size, B) well within the 256 colors of gif format, which would probably look better...hmm I might have to play around with flash tonight.

Last edited: