Checking in from Louisiana

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockR67

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,

Checking in from the north part of Louisiana to say hi. I recently brought a '99 c2500 home to start bringing it back a bit. It's been in the family for a long time, and it's pretty solid. Still, I can tell there are going to be some fights coming up. I've got my eye on the blend doors and hvac to begin with. I already appreciate the site and all of the knowledge here. Thanks everyone!

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Checking in from the north part of Louisiana to say hi. I recently brought a '99 c2500 home to start bringing it back a bit. It's been in the family for a long time, and it's pretty solid. Still, I can tell there are going to be some fights coming up. I've got my eye on the blend doors and hvac to begin with. I already appreciate the site and all of the knowledge here. Thanks everyone!

You must be registered for see images attach
Welcome to the forum, from Houston, Texas. Nice looking Burb, very clean!

rockR67

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings from Minnesota! Don't see many 3/4 ton burbs out there!
Right - this one managed to hang together pretty well despite some midwest winters. It wasn't driven much in the salt being a 2wd I think.

So it seemed like it was worth putting some time and effort into. I've got to figure out how far to "bring it back" so we'll just see how it goes. I've got new rubber and shocks on it now. Next is some a/c work that includes the vent controls up front and a re-connection of the rear a/c. I guess someone just disconnected it to try and "fix" something along the way.

You can't be in Louisiana and only have the front a/c vents working on something this big!

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right - this one managed to hang together pretty well despite some midwest winters. It wasn't driven much in the salt being a 2wd I think.

So it seemed like it was worth putting some time and effort into. I've got to figure out how far to "bring it back" so we'll just see how it goes. I've got new rubber and shocks on it now. Next is some a/c work that includes the vent controls up front and a re-connection of the rear a/c. I guess someone just disconnected it to try and "fix" something along the way.

You can't be in Louisiana and only have the front a/c vents working on something this big!

What part of the Midwest did your truck come from? The midwest is part of the "salt belt" but not all salt belt states are the same. MN is really rough on vehicles, but my truck is from central MO and I had it shipped up here when I bought it at auction. Some stuff is rusty, but is FAR less so than here. My friend was a little jealous of how much less rust my MO truck had compared to his MN truck.

My goal with my truck is to semi-restore it and add "factory mods". I want to get rid of body and frame rust, but keep the scratches, dents, and worn paint finish. You just can't buy that kind of look. It's earned through years of work. I also want to add factory parts that came on other trucks/SUV's/Vans of this era. I'm getting a 9.5 inch 14 bolt rear axle installed at a shop right now and I plan on replacing my oil pan gasket with a new gasket and an oil filter adapter off a 1997 C2500 I pulled out of a junkyard and installing new cooler lines and a engine oil cooler that came on 96-02 Chevrolet Express/GMC Savana 2500/3500 vans. I also want to add auxbeam LEDs bc they're the only LEDs that work well in factory headlamps w/o adjusting and they don't scatter light like most of them do.

100% agree. A/C in Louisiana is NECESSARY especially with the kind of summers y'all have down there. Summers get hot here in SE MN too, but southern summers are another breed of summer.

mwilliams55555

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome, I'm a newbie too as far as speaking up, been here many times though lol, I also inherited a 99 burb it's 4x4 version, Dad bought new, not real rough for Indiana to Wisconsin and back in the salt zone lol. Lots of good information here, cheers