Sierra's Crew Cab Project!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Yeah, It's nice to see a cab back on the frame.

As far as the back half goes, We are going to straighten the frame rail and brace it. I am going to mount all my valves in the back. Plate in front and behind the notch and maybe cut down the notch. It is too high. You don't need a 10in notch to lay on 22's. Once all that is done I will clean it up and paint the frame gloss black. The suspension parts and axle will be green like the front tie rods and steering box. I still need to discuss what needs to be done with Draggin95. I just don't like the way rear is right now. I am just going make it look good and done right so this truck can be a daily driver.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The only problem with those type of notch's are that all of the load applied to them in the corner's are right where they are welded together, so they need to be fish plated over for strength.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
The only problem with those type of notch's are that all of the load applied to them in the corner's are right where they are welded together, so they need to be fish plated over for strength.

okay, thats actually what i what i was thinkin anyways

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Yeah, by the time we are done with the back half it will be built like a tank.

No real update at this time. The firewall is in the process of being tubbed which is turning out real well. The firewall was banged up pretty bad but luckily a lot of it was cut out for tubs. I have also removed the KP six link and rear axle so I can strip them down and repaint all the parts. I will also be replacing all the poly bushings on the kp kit. Most are damaged due the frame twisting and binding the bushings. I also have a few things to grind off the axle such as old BOA mounts and the shock mounts.

I no longer have an engine for my truck. I sold the vortec I had. It needed to be rebuilt anyway. I will eventually find something else.