Sierra's Crew Cab Project!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
A couple pics with the bed back on and the tubed firewall. I will eventually go back and repaint the firewall. It just needs a couple more coats of green to be finished. The doors do not line up properly so I will have to get all that straight as well. Unfortunately I do not have any extra funds at this time to be working on this project so there will be very few updates right now.

I also removed the windshield with a utility knife. I do not recommend doing it this way. It takes a lot of cutting and blades. But if you want to remove one for free and have some time as I did then go for it. This method also makes a big mess so have a shop vac handy.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It look's good sitting outside in the light with the bed on, I had only seen it with the bed on in the dark.

nine4gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
niiiiice! I had to replace the rear window in my work truck when I got it. I went to the salvage yard and tried cutting one out with a box cutter. I got half the bottom cut but took forever and used like 5 blades, had to go home and get more. When I got back, I got the blade started and tapped the back of the box cutter with a hammer. It took me about 3 minutes to hammer that box cutter all the way around and cut that window out but it did break the box cutter as I was finishing. idk if that would work on the front though.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Get a buddy to help you and take a piano wire and go all the way around the glass

Truck looks great

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
The windshield is already out. I cut it out with a utility knife by myself. I cut a little at a time a few minutes a day until I had the sides and top cut and then I just pushed the glass out. It made a big mess since it shattered the windshield. I will be more careful when I get around to cutting the rear glass out since I will be re using the rear glass. I was going to replace front glass anyway.

I have to replace the roof skin so I am getting it ready to cut that out.

Does anyone know how to remove the little metal strips in the rear top roof seams? It's the seam on top between the upper edge of the rear door that runs down the top of the rear glass. I would like to remove them so they can be reused as they have been discontinued by GM. I may just shave that seam by completely welding it up and not by just filling it with filler.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
they pop out just be careful I was gonna shave mine but its more work then its worth well at least on a ext cab yours are prob short like a standered cab so go for it