Side Molding and Trim After Painting or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
And the side trim does offer some protection from door dings. Which is good cause on that slab sided truck it's easy to see any marks. My Burb's right front door has a crease in it from a PLASTIC shopping cart at a Target store. While I was in it working, a whirlwind came up and shoved the cart into the door. My mom said if she hadn't seen it, she wouldn't have believed it could happen.
Most people probably don't see the crease, it's not bad, but I notice it every time I walk up to the truck.
Guess you don't get to 200K without some battle scars though.....that milestone will happen today. At lunch, with 2 more store visits. Under 20 miles to 200K, then it's officially a GMT400!

Cheyenne97

Reaction score
Removing the trim might make the jump to looking street from stock. If you're keeping the rims and bumpers, I would no doubt keep the trim. If you're going with custom rims or even just a roll pan, I would probably strip the trim and leave it off. A new metallic blue paint job would be shinier than new trim components though, so you might not want to cover any of it up with "shiny stuff" again.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Diggin' the color choice. Looks like a pretty nice paint job. In the close up it looks relatively slick.
There's some wavy texture (wouldn't call it orange peel) on the bed side panels, which probably could be cut and buffed out. The flat surfaces laid out nice and flat. I even found a sag and a run on the right door (not very obvious) but, like I said, it's not a $10,000 paint job. Overall, I'm happy with it :waytogo: