Side Molding and Trim After Painting or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Nice! I had a Lincoln Hand-mig for a long time but my new garage sorely needs an electrical update aka it was built in 1958 and has 20A service. I need to bring it up to at least 60a to run a welder.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking about that too. Now I'm gonna have to park in the back 40 at Lowe's and get used to walking/pushing the cart another mile. Before, I really didn't care much :( Oh well, the bump strips will help. I know the wheel arch chrome sure does, all 4 of my old ones had dents in them all over.
The smittybuilt nerf bars on mine are at just the right height to bounce a prious door without hitting the paint.
And they stick out far enough to make it difficult for them to worm wiggle into the car when I park in a compact spot.
Its actually kind of fun to watch them get stuck.
Cheap entertainment

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’d still love my truck without side mouldings, but I think they nailed it with them.
You must be registered for see images attach
Especially true if you look at a mid 90s Ford.
They look like a bar of soap or maybe some ramdom chunk of SUV got stuck on the front.
And you get a Triton
Fugly and broken.
I see at least 10 gmt400s just driving around town every day.
A mid 90s f-150?
Nope.
Its like seeing a unicorn up here.

Raspi454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found 'em! Part number 15569460. Discontinued, and like I said earlier, stupid money. But here they are if you want them bad enough. :lol:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233745158992

Looks like they use little nuts that cut into the plastic mounting pegs, similar to the corner lenses. Parts 24/25 on this diagram.

https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline....odel=14486&modelYear=1989&ukey_category=19402

I did go back and search through some FB posts as well. One guy mentioned that the pillar emblems I linked earlier are similar size to these, and said he used them on the door panels instead. They're just backed with 3M tape instead of the little mounting pegs.
Wait, I've never seen these before, any pics of them in action?
Especially true if you look at a mid 90s Ford.
They look like a bar of soap or maybe some ramdom chunk of SUV got stuck on the front.
And you get a Triton
Fugly and broken.
I see at least 10 gmt400s just driving around town every day.
A mid 90s f-150?
Nope.
Its like seeing a unicorn up here.
I don't see a whole lot of those f150s either, but plenty of 400s

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

I don't see a whole lot of those f150s either, but plenty of 400s
I see a few of the 87--92 F150s, but more of the shovel nose 97--03 ones. Like the one I have that might be getting rehomed soon. If Mom finds the keys....they got set aside, and we haven't located the place they got put. That's the problem with safe keeping...

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Nope, sorry. I could've sworn I found one picture of them installed when I was looking them up but I can't find it now to save my life.

Raspi454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope, sorry. I could've sworn I found one picture of them installed when I was looking them up but I can't find it now to save my life.
That's fine, I just had never seen any interior badging