sick of the glasspack pop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i've only had my 8" glasspacks on there for a month now and i'm sick of the pop and crackle...what would be a good nice and loud alternative with a smoother tone? i don't want it clappy like straight pipes...i kinda jumped the gun on the glasspacks for sure but i was in a hurry to get it done. but 2.25" true duals i don't have a huge budget either...i was thinking flow 10's or cherrybomb extreams. will these give me a better tone? or should i just step up to some longer glasspacks?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would go with a longer case length glass pack, you would be amazed how case length/pipe diameter makes on the tone. Step up to a 18" glasspack, it'll still be loud but it shouldn't be quite as irratic as the shorther one.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i'd put flow 40's in but i don't wanna mess with getting them to fit and don't have the money for 80 bucks a muffler...but i am thinking the 18" cherry bombs thats 10inches over what i have...btw i'm running catless with headers 2.25"

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
**** in my experiences it's never the muffler or glasspack that makes the exhaust pop. I originally had a 3" Y pipe with 1 cat no mufflers and it was a deep even tone. I got sick of the constant droning and wanted some crackle and so I went true duals 2.25" piping with 1 cat on each pipe and now it crackles and pops and I love it. It's what I've always liked. Anway, I've never heard of a glasspack really producing those type of distinctions in sound making it pop or not...I always just thought they changed the tone a little but couldn't control the overall style of the exhaust. IMO if you want to really get rid of the crack and pop change the piping to a Y pipe single 3" pipe that splits into duals down the way and it won't crack anymore and have a constant deep drone.

Any type of true dual (seperate pipes) setup will crack and pop unless you put mufflers on each pipe obviously...Anytime you can connect those two pipes by having them weld a pipe connecting the 2 possibly making an H pipe it will delete the crack and pop also since you said your low on $ and can't completely change exhaust.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Flows Dont flow, if your running stock cats and manifolds and pipes they're fine, anything else though they just restrict the flow, I traded out 2 of my flow 40's to a Magnaflow 18" with x-over in it. its probably about as loud as the 40's (its louder now but i took off the tailpipes and it dumps under the bed now) I would reccomend a longer glasspack (8" is really short) if you just have a single pipe or a muffler like my flowmaster if you are running duals

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cherry bomb extrenmes or longer glasspacks dumped. tailpipes bring out the crackle bad in glasspacks.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anytime you can connect those two pipes by having them weld a pipe connecting the 2 possibly making an H pipe it will delete the crack and pop also since you said your low on $ and can't completely change exhaust.

Definitely connect the pipes-it equalizes the two and (usually) takes the pop and crackle out.

3quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think my exhaust sounds AMAZING.. its bone stock lol

My wife's Mustang GT has an offroad H pipe, and 1 chamber flows.. with the cams the car has in it, it makes your teeth rattle at idle.. It was cool when I did it, but now I HATE driving it.. Maybe Im getting old, or goin lame, but I prefer peace and quiet now lol