Show me your LED's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
not sure if anyone has run into this...but while installing (more) LEDs in the cab.. i ran into a situation with the rear map lights. the boards were too wide..but barely too wide.
i installed them at an angle, then soldered them to the contacts so they wouldn't jar loose. the light housing is stock to the truck...maybe cheyenne models are smaller?

You must be registered for see images attach

green dome

maps and dome

1 green, 1 white, for comparison.

it's day light out and the light is coming through the garage windows... so the lighting isn't entirely accurate..but gives you an idea

edit: thanks Deven!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Some models have a slightly different built dome assembly....they're identical on the outside, but the inside "walls" on the switch side, some have the walls, others dont. The wall is what gets in the way of the boards sitting level. Most either trim the walls down until board sits atop wall, or they cut it all the way down.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Some models have a slightly different built dome assembly....they're identical on the outside, but the inside "walls" on the switch side, some have the walls, others dont. The wall is what gets in the way of the boards sitting level. Most either trim the walls down until board sits atop wall, or they cut it all the way down.

thanks mike...i'll keep that in mind.. if i ever have a need to redo 'em.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't cut my walls either....I just jerry-rigged as a mockup. There's alot of stuff "mocked up" for testing in my truck that I've yet to ever correct lol.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
not sure if anyone has run into this...but while installing (more) LEDs in the cab.. i ran into a situation with the rear map lights. the boards were too wide..but barely too wide.
i installed them at an angle, then soldered them to the contacts so they wouldn't jar loose. the light housing is stock to the truck...maybe cheyenne models are smaller?

Compare your's to the pic in post #182: http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?8212-FS-LEDs-for-GMT400-members-only/page4 The little gray/white walls that separate bulb from switching assembly aren't there anymore(or maybe they were never there on deven's). Those walls acted as heatshields to protect the switching assembly from the bulb's heat. But with the pcb boards, they don't do NEAR as much heat....in all reality, they create about as much heat as a single-AAA powered flashlight.