shorty or long tube headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KingSize

Reaction score
Will be purchasing some headers very soon for my 90 Chevy with the 350. For those with headers feel free to chime in. I'll be taking them to a local performance shop so difficulty of install is not something "I" have to worry about...lol. I'm not even sure I can run the long tubes because my truck is bagged and sits so low it almost looks body dropped. It's my understanding that there might be underbody clearance issues with the long tubes as they hang kinda low.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had hooker long tubes on the 89. They tucked up nicely. I don't recall them below the frame at all and the truck was dropped 4/6. The shift linkage had to be modified slightly but the exhaust shop shouldn't have a problem there. Just so you know, long tubes make more torque. I personally has done both and I wouldn't waste my time or money on short tubes again.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you go with those headers? I'm considering the same but not ceramic coated. Too expensive for me.