shifter knob thread sizes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
anyone know the 88 column shifter knob thread size for autos or the 4x4 floor shift knob size?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
also how does the factory column shift knob come off? lefty loosey as usual? no set screws? have to use I guess vice grips or cahnnel locks on it or something.

I can figure out the sizes if I remove them, just wondered if anyone knew or maybe had theres off and could measure the threads dia. for me.

94K1500KBAR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 4x4 on the floor is 7/16 14 thread size. I just took mine off and measured it today bc Im making a knob for it

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
unless im mistaken the shift lever is all 1 piece, the end doesnt come off. i remember the billet ones they made replaced the entire thing by popping the pin out of the column ear.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow old thread.

I removed both my knobs and changed them out.

The auto column shift knob I had to break off, t case unscrews, then I just got a set screw type knob and used for them they also ame with different inserts to make them fit tight.