4x4 shift lever - new knob?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The transfer case shift knob is 7/16"-14 UNC .

i would love to have a new knob, but they are pretty much all m12 inserts. Does anyone have a source of 7/16 or m12 adapter for our truck? I have exhausted my search

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s something to check out.

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have the ability, you can make what you need.
I made mine. I started with one of those old-time U-shaped spinner "ratchets" with the knurled spinner handle. I cut the spinner part off to use as my shift knob. Then I took 2 7/16 nuts that I threaded onto a 7/16 bolt, put them close together and welded them together. Then removed 7/16 bolt, put my spinny knob on top and welded that on. Smoothed the nuts, painted them black, and voila, I have a redneck shift knob!
If you have a specific knob you'd like to use that is a different thread, you could remove your shift lever, cut off the incorrect threads, get a bolt of correct thread and appropriate length, remove the bolt head and weld it to the shift lever.
Or, do like I did, put 2 nuts on a 7/16 bolt so you can weld them together, weld a bolt on top that has correct threads, and you'll have your own adapter.
Just tossing some ideas out there to spark your thot process!

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here’s something to check out.

I saw that one. I was wanting a solid blue, marbled look.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have the ability, you can make what you need.
I made mine. I started with one of those old-time U-shaped spinner "ratchets" with the knurled spinner handle. I cut the spinner part off to use as my shift knob. Then I took 2 7/16 nuts that I threaded onto a 7/16 bolt, put them close together and welded them together. Then removed 7/16 bolt, put my spinny knob on top and welded that on. Smoothed the nuts, painted them black, and voila, I have a redneck shift knob!
If you have a specific knob you'd like to use that is a different thread, you could remove your shift lever, cut off the incorrect threads, get a bolt of correct thread and appropriate length, remove the bolt head and weld it to the shift lever.
Or, do like I did, put 2 nuts on a 7/16 bolt so you can weld them together, weld a bolt on top that has correct threads, and you'll have your own adapter.
Just tossing some ideas out there to spark your thot process!
I have considered cutting threads off and welding bolt on. I also have a friend with a lathe. Before i went thru the hassle of removing the lever tho (not sure how hard it is; on my cateye duramax it was easy to take off but a pain to get the bushing lined back up)
Just seeing what else was out there

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
7/16 threads cut off .. M10 bolt head cut off, welded onto original shaft, new knob installed. After this i did cut a few threads off so none are showing now.

Attachments

• IMG_5754.jpeg
    IMG_5754.jpeg
    234.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5755.jpeg
    IMG_5755.jpeg
    365.2 KB · Views: 12

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ordered a replacement bezel ; told seller most impt part was the guts with the writing and that houses the lights. Guess what got damaged in shipping

Attachments

• IMG_5760.jpeg
    IMG_5760.jpeg
    228.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5761.jpeg
    IMG_5761.jpeg
    226.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5762.jpeg
    IMG_5762.jpeg
    290.9 KB · Views: 9