Shelbys Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
late to the party but another battery solution is to use a set-screw which has an allen head cut into it. thats what I'm using for exhaust studs on my 5.3 as well (they're prone to snapping off bolts in there)

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Ultimate TBI stage 2
Completely fergot to post this.
Stage 2 consists of rebuilding the fuel regulator or installing an adjustable one, depending on yer horsepower/fuel req + adding a fuel pressure gauge.
I opted fer an 18lb spring with a stock diaphram out of a standard TBI rebuild kit. I'm not pushin much more HP than stock.
I completely fergot to take pics of the reg rebuild so....sorry. If I get real bored someday I may tear it back down fer pics...:shrug:eh??
So anyhoo heres the pics I did get of the fuel gauge install.

Cut down the fuel line with a pipe cutter. (Home depot,plumbing section Like $10)
You must be registered for see images attach

Got this gauge and adapter from summit fer about $20 shipped.

Installed gauge as far back as I could to clear the air cleaner.Used standard 3/8" rubber fuel hose clamped at both endz.

Thatz it. Easy peazy.
with the new regulator spring I went from 9-10psi to 14psi. My fuel pump is weak so its not actin right. will replace soon.

i like this idea! where did you get the gauge and did you have to flare your fuel lines?

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Summit. Bout $20-25 shipped. Flare is better, but I didn't. So far so good. Good 3/8" clamps a must.

Last edited:

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Summit. Bout $25 or $30 shipped. Flare is better, but I didn't. So far so good. Good 3/8" clamps a must.

Hmm I have an old fuel pressure gauge laying around somewhere... Mayb I can use it!

What should the pressure be on a tbi 350?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you don't flare I would double clamp to be sure, so you'd need 4 clamps for the line sides, then 2 clamps for the gauge side.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Yeh we have a bunch of stainless fittings and T's at work. I'll find something to make it work.