Sharp-eyed photo expertise needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maine_Train

Reaction score
Hi, all. I hope the forum will let a noob post a photo, because I need help from people who know more about this than I do. I've already gotten some good input from Greg, via email.

Sorry about the crappy quality of the pic. It was taken with an infrared camera, and I think the bright spots above the license plate are the reflective part of the taillights. Since the guys in the truck were stealin' stuff, I doubt they left any lights on. I can't find any good pics of (stock) GMT 400 taillights to confirm where the reflectors are. The reason I'm looking for that info is because someone said the driver's side taillight on this truck looks to be broken. What do you guys think?
You must be registered for see images attach

Anyone got any good pics of intact GMT 400 taillights?

Thanks for any help. I'll do an intro post later today.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

With all GMT400 taillights, regardless of whether or not they are stock, they have the reflectors at the top of the tail light. In aftermarket taillights its typically round. In stock housings, it is rectangular.
The truck in your picture from the back looks like ts96's truck except for color and configuration.

__
Greg.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I just got your newest email, so I'll post some more info in here so you can see what I'm talking about, and it's easier for me to get pictures in here.

This is what I and GM historians consider a "3 tone"

There are 3 sections of paint.

But I did find this, a truck that very well, may look just like the one you're looking for.

Maine_Train

Reaction score
Perfecto! Thanks, man.

So I think the one guy on the other forum was right; there is a chunk out of that left lens.

And the midnight marauders' truck could have white or silver on it? :uhoh2:

How about the 4WD vs. RWD discussion? Some people are pretty sure it's a 4x4 because of the way it "sits.". Of course in the side view, the one guy is probably standing in front of any "4x4" or "Z71" badge. (Just found out from WikiAnswers that most but not all Z71's were 4x4.)

I guess if this was too easy, it wouldn't be any fun, right? :Insane:

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There may be a chunk missing, but I would be more comfortable saying its just the camera's light not catching all the reflectors in the taillight.

When it comes to 4WD vs RWD, it depends on how "stuck" they got. Were they just slipping around a bit then got going? Or did they dig it down deep?
That will tell us how good of a chance it is 4wd or Rwd.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
There may be a chunk missing, but I would be more comfortable saying its just the camera's light not catching all the reflectors in the taillight.

When it comes to 4WD vs RWD, it depends on how "stuck" they got. Were they just slipping around a bit then got going? Or did they dig it down deep?
That will tell us how good of a chance it is 4wd or Rwd.

or the type of driver....

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks Cameron, I forgot about that. I was getting too analytical

Maine_Train

Reaction score
Okay, I'll take another look at 0015, the side view, too.

"Back the excavator up over here."
I think they might have gotten the bumper hung up on that "shelf" just beyond the rut, to the right of that spike keg.

This last time, I think they stayed to the left of that area. We had a short snap of colder weather, too, so the ground wasn't so soggy as it was then, but it still looked like she mighta been waddlin', coming out all loaded down.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
that sucks.. what all have they been messing with??

around these parts, if you steal something, it better be worth your life for...