Shakes...Shakes everywhere!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay, so i traded my old truck for this 95 Ext cab Z71, and it has a shake to it between 35-45mph and when you are on the brakes. Anyone got ideas of what to check before buying parts? i'm going to get the tires checked to make sure they're balanced right tomorrow.

94Cheyenne

W/T 4 Life...
Reaction score
Sounds like Horribly warped rotors to me if it's when you are on the brakes only if it happens w/o brakes it's going to be something in the front suspension.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well its when you're on the brakes but also from about 35-45mph after that it goes away that's why i'm kind of thinking it needs tires balanced.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright. The previous owner said it's because the front left tire is a more worn out tire than the rest so its just a little bit different size and thats throwing it off but that seems odd to me...

94Cheyenne

W/T 4 Life...
Reaction score
Could be that the alignment is out too and one tire goes straight and one tire is towed out and drags, and when the brakes are applied the two tires fight over which direction to go if they don't face the same way...

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check if they're cupped... Jack up the front and spin each tire while watching the edge of the tire.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
35-45 is a typical ujoint going bad speed. Doesn't explain the braking though. Braking is usually a warped or hard spotted rotor...

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just replaced the rotors on my 98, night/day difference in the "shakes on the brakes"

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
35-45 is a typical ujoint going bad speed. Doesn't explain the braking though. Braking is usually a warped or hard spotted rotor...

How do i check the ujoint? I got some work to do on it today and wanna check all that i can while i'm at it.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk