School Me on LS Motors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's definitely going to be fuel injected, but 4.8s and 5.3s would be hard-pressed to get us to the 500 hp mark. We're targeting a 6.0 because it's in that sweet spot of affordable, yet powerful.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get it, I've seen so many FI rigs pull timing and go into limp mode just doing HPDE.

The parts are so cheap though, you can almost consider them disposable.

There's also some stuff you can do with boost controllers to keep it alive longer. You could have your own version of Indy's push to pass.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this plan makes it to fruition, not all of the team is going to be able to make it to every race, and our parts availability will likely end up being limited to the spares we carry to the track. We don't want anything crazy-technical. Natural aspiration is the #1 way to keep the complexity down. Since we're endurance racing, that trumps ultimate horsepower.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This popped up in my recommended videos today.

The last 1/3rd is about the 6.0. I didn't think about this, but if you're willing to spend money on pistons with valve reliefs you can run a lot more duration. Still going to need some high flowing heads, but it might be possible to get 650 or near there the way he runs it without accessories and electric water pump.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to go a Lil off topic but I have been looking for a 6.0 for possible future use.
If this is in the condition as advertised think it's a good deal?

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry to go a Lil off topic but I have been looking for a 6.0 for possible future use.
If this is in the condition as advertised think it's a good deal?
Depends on how prices are in your area. Id hate to pay that much for just a engine.
Ive been buying wrecked 2500 trucks for $1000-1500 and pulling engines/trans out to rebuild and sale. Then scrap the rest of the truck.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2500s don't sell for less than $2k around here, even wrecked. All the intact 6.0s I've been seeing lately are in the $1200-1500 range. I saw an '01 K2500 van the other day in an auction, and it went for over $2500. Ugh.