School cop and My pipes experience yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your lucky, when I got caught doing 101 in a 55 I also pulled over right away and was polite as possible, the cop put me in jail.

Being an old guy, this happened back before California's CHP had radar, so he really couldnt tell how fast I was going. I try to keep it under a hundred these days....

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
sooooo at our school we have a sheriff that runs things at school etc and directs traffic everyday. A few kids at our school have exhaust so we always rev it up ya know? well our school is out in the country its back in the woods and its off of a long straightaway. so the cop directed me to come out of the exit and get on the road went past him and gunned it. I usually rev it alittle but i was ready to get home. He threw his bright orange vest in the road and hopped in his car and hauled ass to me i figured it was just for my pipes oh well ya know? So i pull over he looks at my license and insurance and then he asks me to step out of my truck which i thought was weird. He leans me up against my truck right down from my school asks who the girls in my truck was etc and then asks if i have a phone. I go get my phone and he tells me to call my mom. He EXXAGERATED sooooo bad said i have a horrible habit of wreckless driving and said im lucky if i dont lose my license but he let me go since he was calling my mom. I drove off called my mom and told her that my truck downshifted beside him going up a hill hit a higher rpm making my pipes louder and she totally bought it hahahahah

And you wonder why someone scratched "*****" in to your hood. The more mature kids in your little school see you drive around like a ****** bag in a stock Chevy K1500 with a loud exhaust, so there you have it.

Sure a little rev is cool once in a while, but driving like that in a congested school parking lot, with a sheriff watching, is ridiculous.

I bought my truck with true dual 2.5" pipes, with cats and no mufflers, out the back with 18x3.25 chrome tips, and I knew damn well it would get me in trouble if I acted like a kid. Now I have true duals with NO CATS and flo pros dumped before the rear axle, still never been pulled over for loud exhaust, and I drive 80 miles a day, half of it in the city.

I'll tell you right now, when I see someone in a stock truck driving around showing off, I laugh and usually conversate with surrounding people about how much of a dumbass that guy is.

Now if you were driving a 71 Chevelle SS with fat ass slicks, and a blown 454 w/ a gear driving cam, open headers, and you were doing that, I would pat you on the back, and try not to make a move on your hot wife.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
I just finished up my 396 and dropped it into my old 90 gmc 3 days before I graduated. That night a few friends and I decided to go celebrate "no more school" and had a few drinks and decided it'd be fun to try and out run a state trooper. Well 17 miles later, half a tank of gas gone and the speedo(moon guages) back around at 35, I decided I should pull over although he never turned on the flashers. The officer turned out to be my neighbor that just got off duty right before and decided to follow me home since he knew i was intoxicated. Long story short...5 days in jail, license revoked for a year and $1000 fine just cuz I didnt respect that the officer was just looking out for me. Honestly son, just havin him call your mother was the luckiest thing that coulda happend and hopefully you learn, just like i'm sure many of us have.

illinoisboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong im sure i will be that kid some days when I have my license but honestly I hate those kids these day. I used think blowing smoke and all of that was like one of the coolest things but now i just think its ignorant. I do love when kids in there $25000 trucks with atleast 1500 or so in parts to make it blow smoke can't and that most of them live on farms and crap but can't drive their ccsb cummins or rclb cummins. As on kid recently said, those kids with 1500-20000 (yes one kid has around 20g's in his 07 or 8 dmax) are going to hate it when kids in gas trucks woop their butts.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong im sure i will be that kid some days when I have my license but honestly I hate those kids these day. I used think blowing smoke and all of that was like one of the coolest things but now i just think its ignorant. I do love when kids in there $25000 trucks with atleast 1500 or so in parts to make it blow smoke can't and that most of them live on farms and crap but can't drive their ccsb cummins or rclb cummins. As on kid recently said, those kids with 1500-20000 (yes one kid has around 20g's in his 07 or 8 dmax) are going to hate it when kids in gas trucks woop their butts.

you gotta have one hell of a gas engine to beat a new dmax...

illinoisboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you gotta have one hell of a gas engine to beat a new dmax...

Not when the kid cant take care of it even when he doesnt have his license, but when he gets it from the shop yes it will be hard to beat but after the race he will be beggin you to pull him back to his house.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats when you say officer your full of **** fuuuuuuccccckkkkk THE POLICE. I drive like a crazy ************ at my college. Its a little hick community college in no where land and I've been there 3 years no one seems to mind at all ladys like it and the guys cant stop askin me about my truck ha.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll tell you right now, when I see someone in a stock truck driving around showing off, I laugh and usually conversate with surrounding people about how much of a dumbass that guy is.

Now if you were driving a 71 Chevelle SS I would pat you on the back

Exactly ^^

My pipes are exactly how yours used to be. True duals with cats. I would like to switch to what you have now but I have to pass inspection so cats are a must.