Sceld94 truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sceld94

Reaction score
How do I know my truck loves me? Because I saved it from looking like this.
You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Those 2 dents in the hood are from people not knowing how to close it properly. The reason why no-one but me closes mine!
Cadillac tails, but didn't do the step shave?
Yea, you did save it. No GMT400 should have to go through life looking like that!

Fredridge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
from the front, I first thought it was going to be a "silver Bullet" truck - aka coors light

sceld94

Reaction score
It's GONE, the X member

sceld94

Reaction score
Now to fix the frame, by striating the ends, knock off the loose rust, POR15 and I'll probably put the '90 X frame member back in.

sceld94

Reaction score
You need the X crossmember

Yea, I got that. Just not one that looks like swiss cheese. I'm glad I took it and the rear bumper off. I found more swiss cheese by the right rear shackle hanger. That leaves me back to repairing the '90 frame, because it has less rust and less parts to transfer.

So, now for the big question: How to lift the cab off the frame without a lift. All I have is a floor jack and engine hoist.

sceld94

Reaction score
Here's the plan to remove the cab

First removed the bolts, then the rest of the doghouse, E-cable, wiring harness, A/C lines, hood latch release cable, all that is left is the brake lines.