Sas ?'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm just being curious and hoping people will chime in. How much would a sas cost roughly? And how hard would it be to do. Also what axel would you want to use? Then lastly could you get 9" of lift easily off a sas on one of these trucks?
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
It can be under $1000 all the way to $10000+. How hard depends on your personal skill. Axle also depends on a few factors but 78-79 f250 or 350 axle works best. 9 inches of lift is easily attainable with a sas.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Skys the limit. It depends on how much you want to spend and how much of a digger and deal maker you are.

As le dirty chick :lol: said, 78-79 F250 or F350 axle would be the best. It'll either be a D60 high pinion or D44 high pinion out of those trucks. Which one you want depends on how you plan to use your truck, how strong you want it to be, and what you can find.

9 inches is easy with a solid axle swap.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
um yea i have double that in lift, 9" is real easy

springs are about $400
ubolts about $40
77.5-79 ford d60 about 1k

oru kit for just spring hangers is $700, i recommend just using stock gm brackets (front spring hanger from 73-87 4wd chevy and rear spring shackle hanger and shackle from a 73-87 2wd flipped upside down) as far far cheaper

drag link and track bar varies greatly by what you use, i have threaded dom and stock 73-87 drag link ends for the crossover steering and used dom with weld in bungs and heim joints for the trac bar($120) which you will definitely need with 9" lift and crossover steering.

shocks all the way around are about another $100

add in the cost of driveshaft, my 94 i had 10" lift and used a stock front shaft from a 84 gmc 1/2 ton that had a sm465/208 in it with the 4 bolt flange, just had to grind the stops in the double cardan a little, with a dana 60 you need to make sure the shaft has a matching 1330 series joint.

next there is the rear, if you plan on any towing it makes a difference in what to do back there, you will want a 10.5 rear for sure but how you lift it is where things change for towing

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How would you want to lift the rear for towing?

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
How would you want to lift the rear for towing?

for towing you want lift springs, if not for towing then you can get away with a shackle flip kit and a zero rate spring with lift blocks

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was just thinking that a sas wuld be more logical because it will come in handy out on trails so im going to be doing more research and asking a lot more questions about it so any and all info is really appriciated.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
for towing you want lift springs, if not for towing then you can get away with a shackle flip kit and a zero rate spring with lift blocks

Do you know why exactly this is? I've always heard it, but never really seen a reason why.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what ord says the shackle flip allows the rear to sway more an it gets worse the higher you go with it....