SAS Draglink length

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nitrofreak

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm doing an SAS on my 94 k1500, I ordered my cross over and highsteer kit from Northwest fab (Canadian) as they make a wicked kit with incredible parts and the beffiest setup in the industry and they are 3 hours from where I am. They also beat ORD by 90$ on price before conversion. The rest of my stuff is coming from ORD as I want their conversion kit and I think it is the best. I'm running a 85-91 vintage kingpin 60 ford axle on 52" Chevy springs aming for 8" of lift. The drag link that was sent with my kit measure3 35" long with the rod ends and to me this seems way to short. I am hoping some guys with similar trucks can confirm if this in the the ball park for length. NWF insures me that it's going to be the proper length but I don't think they have done a lot of SAS Chevy trucks, certainly not as many as ORD has. The truck is my daily so I want everything 99% ready to go in so that I can get the front end in over two days, I don't have the time to put it in and see that it is wrong. Thanks in advanced.

You must be registered for see images attach

95Suburban

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is about 36" center to center. 7" of total lift, 79 dana 60.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the ORD drag link in the garage at home waiting to go on my truck Ill post measurements when i get home.

But my drag link is straight. They sent me a drop pitman arm and a high steer arm for my passenger side knuckle.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have 11'' of lift on my 98. my draglink measures right around 39.5''. you should be good with 8'' and should have plenty of adjustment out of the rod ends.

Smith

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those are tie rod ends on your draglink, not what is commonly refered to as a rod ends. For 8 inches of lift I would definitely consider an upgrade to a rod end though. With 8 inches of lift that might be a bit of an angle for those TRE's. You will find out for sure once its all pieced together but it may be something to keep in mind. Since its a steering comoponet Id like to see a stout Rod end on there like what Barnes or Ballistic makes