SAS a 2wd yukon??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
I know its a bit outta the ordinary, but since totalling my silverado, i found a 2wd 97 4 door yukon.

how hard would it be to use the transmission/transfer case out of my 98 silverado, and converting this 2wd to a 4wd with a solid axle?

what would the steps be to do this?

motor modifications? etc?

i am very interested in doin the swap if its feasable..

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is totally possible but I would not use the 4l60 and 243 from your old truck. I would use a 4l80 and doublers etc because if you're going to start from scratch might as well make it usable.

Reaction score
do it. if the ifs was up to task for you then a d44 will be fine. if you like 243 tcase use it. id say 1500.00 is entirely doable because you got a lot of the parts off of the silverado. take your time and hunt for bargains while the the yukon is still 2wd. then when youve got everything..............

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I'm gonna go with not feasible at 1500 unless you plan on spending over a year trying to track down the parts for that low of a price. The little things will nickle and dime you to death man.