Rough idle, occasionally dies while driving, running out of ideas....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure how much a map cost, when I was trouble guessing on the camry, a buddy let me come over and borrow parts for a test drive.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

MouthForWar

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So ACDelco's site calls for a 213-1545, which obviously doesnt match the number stamped on the one in the truck.

Interesting.

And of course neither Masterpro nor BWD list interchange numbers....

Nah, I mean they're only like $50; it's no biggie..just gonna have to wait until tomorrow or the next day.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
I had a "cuts off sometimes while driving down the road" problem a while back. I chased it everywhere. Ended up being bad battery cables. The ends at the battery had been replaced, and looked fine. After exhausting all other possibilities, I replaced the cables and no more problem. See the thread of my saga.

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/cutting-off-sporatically.32173/

This may not be your issue, but it's a thought.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Those part number formats are legit and don't forget how GM loves to supercede stuff too. I just put a new blend door actuator in the wife's Envoy, different part number than what I removed.

MouthForWar

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the truck has not cut out while driving since we did the ignition module. I believe that may have been a separate issue from the idle stumble.

Replaced the MAP (and the EGR solenoid, as it was only a few bucks and I didn't do it when I had replaced the valve). Idle has smoothed out considerably from where it was and it idles about 100 rpm higher; however, it still does stumble at hot idle roughly half the time. I'm still missing something very small; one tiny piece of the puzzle. Lol. I'm down to checking grounds and wiggling wires. Need to test the plug wires to see if maybe I got a defective one when I replaced them.

As far as the brake issue goes...fixed. Brakes failed two more times the other day, so I investigated further. Turns out the rubber seal under the cap on the master cylinder reservoir wasn't seated correctly and was slightly twisted (don't know how else to explain it). Noticed a small amount of moisture around the outside of the reservoir. Reseated the seal so it was *actually* sealed, have not had a brake issue since. Need to bleed the brakes still; pedal's a little spongier than it was and I'm assuming I got air sucked into the system. Glad I noticed that...almost replaced my MC for no reason.

Supercharged, you were right. A ton of piddly **** issues making it *seem* like the thing's a POS that I should just scrap. Lol.

tomb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, thanks again for reporting back. If you pay attention to short fuel trim readings when it stumbles... Id expect to see fuel removed when it misses. This would isolate one bank.
Im also curious if a miss is observable on a O2 sensor graph?

MouthForWar

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have a full OBD1 scanner/diag. tool; it's an investment I need to make. Parts stores around here don't keep loaners on hand either; mostly just basic OBDII code readers.

For what it's worth, the plugs were all pretty evenly colored, both banks. All plugs indicated a fairly lean condition; none were much worse than the others.

I drove this thing around town about 20 miles this morning with literally zero issue and zero stumble/rough idle. Mind boggling. Lol.

tomb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a link? I read the descriptions on the site and the $69 models do not do graphs.