Rough Country lifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
unbolt the cross member, oxy acetylene torch, set the flame to hot as hell, heat the keys till the glow orange, trying your damndest not to heat the t-bars, then smash the cross member with a BFH as hard as you can until the key drops to the floor. Kick the key off to the side and repeat on the other side.

96Chevy5.7

Reaction score
I've heard a lot about the torsion bars being potentially dangerous, if I use the Tbar tools do I need to chain them or secure them in anyway?

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i can do it in 20 minutes now that i know how hot I need to make them, but not all of them will be as hard as mine were.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah, i had issues with fitment, and a few other issues with the kit like bolts that werent graded stripping out and not enough washers.... all in all, its a pretty tough kit. OHHHHHH you may need to move your exhaust.... as in most likely will have to in order to make room for the drive shaft