Rough Country lifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96Chevy5.7

Reaction score
Are the Rough Country 6in kits any count? How do they stack up with the Superlift kits? My GMC has a Superlift and I love it, but at almost twice the price I can't justify the Superlift for my Chevy. Any info is appreciated.
Jake

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the general argument is between the dick cepek and the rough country being the best lift out there.... the pro comp, fab tech, sky jacker, super lift all seems to just be backround conversation

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
My choice would be between the RCX $950 and the Cepek $1250, the cepek is a full 6.5" lift that can be cracked for more where the RCX is a 4" lift thats cranked to 6". Talk with Jon at Southern Truck Performance on GMFS for the best deals on both kits.

96Chevy5.7

Reaction score
I've done lifts on Fords and Dodges and a full Cognito kit on a dmax but I've never taken torsion bars out, how hard is this? And I am fairly mechanically competent.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol me too, but it took some serious work on my 15 year old 530k truck. Lots of heat and a big hammer and they just slide out

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it got to the point where I called rough country and they said they had no idea what else to try. I had my keys glowing they were so hot before they would bust free. I also had to hold my lca's and torsion bars at an angle while my brother smashed them with a 20lb sledge to bust them free from that side. They are supposed to slide forward out of the keys then back out of the lca..... mine did with excessive amounts of heat and force.

96Chevy5.7

Reaction score
I'm afraid mine will be like that too, its got a good bit of surface rust all over the suspension and frame, nothing damaging just enough to make things a PITA.