rosco's "Beast"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rosco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's my 1998 K1500 Suburban I affectionately call "The Beast". It's an LT with leather, seat warmers, etc on the inside. She has a 5.7 with a 4L60 trans, 3.73 rear end with the G80 locker. 265/75 16 tires on factory rims. It has the 246 auto transfer case as well. Does good for a little mild wheeling. I got it because I needed something bigger for the family, but most of the fam doesn't like it, so it's mostly me riding in it.

This pic was taken about 2 months ago.

You must be registered for see images attach

A day I went wheeling with my son on some trails near a local lake

rosco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This was taken last weekend. I took the running board and front air dam off of it.

I haven't done much else besides some basic maintenance. I upgraded the fuel injectors. Had a bad one when I bought it. I got a real good deal though, couldn't pass it up, but it needed a LOT of work to make it streetable.

As far as other upgrades, it has a better stereo and exhaust. Plans are to make it more of what is now called an expedition style truck. Small lift on the back to make it more level and clear some 285s. I'd like to run a that or a 33x10.5. Winch bumper for the front, swing out tire carrier on the back, and a basket on the top. If I want to go hardcore wheeling, I'll get a Jeep down the road. This one will work great for the type of wheeling I want to do.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck man! Looks exactly like mine when I got it, same color and everything minus them running boards.

rosco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I've been doing a few odds and ends to my Sub lately. Minus some maintenance, I've changed the look a little. What do you guys think?

rosco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I'll admit I do a lot of lurking and replying to a post every once in a while, but I thought I needed to update this today. I finally had a chance to do a little work the last few weeks. New ball joints (pitA!!) and a few other front end pars. While it was down I took advantage of an opportunity and painted my wheels for a different look. I just wanted to make it stand out and be different without spending too much money. What do you guys think?

I plan to eventually finish blacking out the chrome, either removing the molding or painting the chrome on top black, and painting the line from the strip down black. Another weekend though. Time to relax a little.