Rolling fenders: FAILED. Grinding the lips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just trimmed mine with a 4in wheel on a $6 HF air cutoff tool. Trimmed mine to where there was about 1/4 of lip or so. I was going to weld some round bar in and smooth it all out but it looks like it will be plenty strong the way it is.

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys, I'll have to try the out this weekend.

I just trimmed mine with a 4in wheel on a $6 HF air cutoff tool. Trimmed mine to where there was about 1/4 of lip or so. I was going to weld some round bar in and smooth it all out but it looks like it will be plenty strong the way it is.

So did you grind off your spot welds?

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No I just cut the lips and part of my inner structure. My truck has air ride so I had to cut a lot more of it then you will.

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also thought I'd add....I FAIL big time at reading. Lol. Just saw the first post and picture and realized you were talking about the rear. I have only trimmed the front fenders of mine. Doesn't look like the rear is going to be a problem for me.