Rock auto brands

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So my front wheel bearings finally quit. Passenger side but I cant imagine the drivers is too far behind. Now before I just go buy new moog units I checked rock auto. They have a handful of names some of which being Acdelco and I was planning on using them for my ball joints too. But is moog the best bearing in the aftermarket? my dads napa bearings have quit within a year so Im worried that if napa's dont last that rock auto's moog isnt as good or whatever. Call me crazy but I dont want to spend a fortune on new parts to have them go with in a year. So if anyone can let me know what their experiance is it would be awesome.

Constantine

Reaction score
^ x2.
Moog is indeed Moog no matter the price or retailer.
I rebuilt my whole, entire front suspension with Moog components that I purchased from rockauto.com.
All parts were in original Moog packaging and everything made by Moog has Moog stampings on the part itself.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Moog isn't necessarily Moog. In many examples they have an "R series" available, which is a cost-reduced line for people trying to save a buck. Quality is not as good and the source of the part is often not the same. So whatever part you're getting from them, watch out for that name.

Richard

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I Rebuilt the front end of my truck with Timken Wheel Bearings, Moog Ball Joints, Tie Rods, Centerlink, Pitman Arm, Idler Arm...etc. and used Energy Suspension Polyurethane Bushings for bushing related parts, Its been 1yr 1/2 and nothings worn out yet. Most of the items purchased, were from Rock auto. theres always A discount code flying around on the internet too.

Good to know about the "R series", ill definately avoid that!

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my moog wheel bearings in yesterday. Should i be concerned with quality if they have made in korea stamped on them?

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I've got both my wheel bearings and ball joints in. I went with a "Moog/National" wheel bearing assembly and "AcDelco" ball joints from rock auto. I figured Id save some money and get them off the old interwebs. Now the wheel bearings say made in korea and the ball joints say made in china. Am I getting reboxed crap? or is this now the standard?

Also is the Timken bearings so worth it that I return the Moog's for them? Thanks