Reliable replacement brand ignition components?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Not sure if you’re joking here or not. I believe it’s a NOS US manufactured coil.
Well since it was mentioned that Standard Ignition and Delco are sourcing their coils from a factory in Poland, is why I was asking. Didn't see a made in USA on this one.....

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well since it was mentioned that Standard Ignition and Delco are sourcing their coils from a factory in Poland, is why I was asking. Didn't see a made in USA on this one.....
I thought you were just making a joke literally. ;) Anyway, this part GM 10489421 hasn’t been produced since 2009, this could be even older. Was likely North American manufactured like originals.
Since 2009, the part number is GM 19207138.Things probably started getting sketchy there.
You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Was that through Ebay? I got a serpentine belt tensioner that way, but it still looked a bit newer than what I was hoping for.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I just realized my original coil is riveted on?
You guys who have replaced your coils, did you just get some hardware store hardware?

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly "American Made" ain't what it used to be. I have bought US made parts recently that are the same quality as chinese 10yrs ago.
I have had no issues with Mexican or South American parts. I think those folks actually take pride in their work.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d like to get a new coil and ignition control module, proactively, and if nothing else so I can put my currently working ones in the tool bag as a set of spares…
But what is even a reliable brand these days? ACDelco seems over priced for the Chineseum they are likely made of… any trusted brands on the rock auto list?

2000 7.4 Vortec, if it matters-
Run your original parts as long as you can and put the aftermarket crap in your glovebox to get you home,,,,,,,,,,,maybe!